Wednesday, October 17, 2007

6th week - one step aside

Oi,

The week that I call - one step aside. One day I was deeply thinking - I have a credo for my internship which is ´at least one discovery every day´, however, it is quite hard to achieve. Not everyday I go to unknown places, taste new food, participate in events.

And that day I decided to go on foot to a place which is half an hour from my home. I really did not expect that I would find my neighbourhood in a different way - really realizing what the area I am living in looks like.

So, it really depends on myself. Even living your everyday life in a home country it is easy just to make one step aside from a usual route or routine and experience small new things or see the world around through different glasses.

Discoveries of the week:
8. new office + typical Portuguese food
9. presentation for @ interns in ISCTE
10.discovering the day with no discoveries
11. discovering neighbourhood
12. sleeping for 3 weeks
13. Mouth of Hell and picnic
14. Carcavelos beach - 7 different nationalities in one place

New office. Remember when I was writing about THE TOPIC in our company? So, finally the topic is over as we have moved to a new place. In the same building, with the same railway above, however, it is much more modern and light.
Naturally, the new office had to be baptized. Portuguese wine, olives, typical bread, meat, cheese... We could move more often:)

Mouth of Hell and Cascais. Next to Lisbon there is a small city (or better to say - district of Lisbon) called Cascais. It is a quite expensive area with a lot of hotels, beautiful beaches, rocky cost and a place called Mouth of hell as one of the main attractions of the tourists.

This was one of the destinations for the weekend. And I enjoyed the time a lot. Having a long walk with a friend along the beach, seeing mouth of hell (which to my mind is just one of the beautiful rocky places in that area - see a short film from that place), having a picnic, tasting cooked chestnuts (kastonus) for the first time, finding some intrigueing views (see the photo with 4 legs behind the rocks:)).

















Carcavelos beach - 7 different nationalities in one place. Another day of the weekend was not less interesting - with Indian, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Ukrainian playing volleyball in the beach. Diving into big waves of the Atlantic Ocean afterwards. Seeing beautiful evening sky and coming back home feeling rested and ready for the next week of discoveries:)









And for the end of this message a simple but interesting idea about sleeping. Sometimes we say that we like sleeping or need to sleep a lot; but actually we like not to sleep but to feel rested:)
Beijinhos or kisses:*
Ruti













1 comment:

Teresa Alves said...

Hi!

It's so good now being in your position and living the same as u.

Now reading your blog I miss less Portugal. :)

Keep with your discoveries!

Bjs
Macy